Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Kermit For Congress

We see by today's Cape Cod Times that perrennial candidate, Peter White, is running again. The local motelier, a peace activist, renewable-energy advocate and global climate change Cassandra all but defines the term "grass roots". Peter's benign and gentlemanly mien is in sharp contrast to the virulent partisanship characterizing today's political arena. As to his chances as an Independent, Jim Henson might well have sung the famous lyric, "It's not easy being green" with Peter White in mind; I'd be surprised if his high school class didn't vote him "most persistent". Lest it seem I'm treating his candidacy lightly, I'm quite serious in my belief that it's time such a concerned and progressive independent was elected to Congress by like-minded Cape Codders, and he has my vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment